I PROMISED AND I DELIVERED!
As a 26-year resident and social justice attorney at Western Center on Law & Poverty, I promised you more transparent government, protection for renters and homeowners against real estate developers and corporate interests, and preserving Santa Monica’s small town character and diversity.
For the first time in our history we now have:
- An audit committee overseeing our $700,000,000 budget
- Registration of lobbyists
- Ban on Section 8 discrimination
- No evictions of students and teachers during school
- $15.37 minimum wage
- Ethics Code for City Employees
I sponsored Measures GS/GSH providing $17 million annually to affordable housing and our public schools and worked to place term limits on the 2018 ballot.
I voted NO against the mammoth office project on our public land at 4th and Arizona and 130-foot hotels on iconic Ocean Avenue.
AND NOW I NEED YOUR HELP!Donate